IBM Lotus announces today the release of Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 2. The fixpack 2 for Notes/Domino included some new features (the whole fixlist can be found here). SPR# VASR876SSW – Syntax validation was added to Recent Contacts. A long missing feature has been added to Sametime 8.5.2. A client for Android devices is now available! There has been an alternative client for a couple of weeks called QuipIM, but I guess everyone has been waiting for the „real“ client, right? Now finally it has arrived. The documentation has been posted on the Sametime Wiki Pages. Telephony: Sametime 8.5.2 with the new Media Manager can support point-to-point as well as multi-point voice and video calls between Sametime clients and in meetings. It uses the SIP protocol and standard voice and video codecs so it easily integrates with other voice or video systems supporting up to 20 participants in a single meeting.
IBM Lotus announces today the release of Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 2
The fixpack 2 for Notes/Domino included some new features (the whole fixlist can be found here):
- SPR# VASR876SSW – Syntax validation was added to Recent Contacts. The following are considered invalid: (1) Any address ending in period, backslash, forwardslash, @, left angle bracket or single quote . (2) Any smtp address where address is surrounded by single quotes. (3) No spaces are allowed in 821 smtp address (the real address part) . (4) No sntp address can have a period after a top level ICCAN domain. Top level ICANN domains are .com, org, .edu, .gov, .int, .mil, .net. (5) On Notes addressing, we are not allowing a period in the organizational part. ie no tom/west.ford/ibm
- SPR# ATAI7WSABL – When a Delivery Failure report is processed, the failed address will be automatically deleted from Recent Contacts and put into Contacts Trash.
- SPR# DCHR89GT3Q – Added a policy option to enable administrators to enable or restrict the ability for Notes client users to choose “Save as eml” under “File.Save” options from within an email.
- SPR# GHAT8ATNCH – For 8.5.2 FP2, on conversion from local replica to Managed Mail Replica, we will now configure the existing entry with all default Managed Mail Replica settings (scheduled replication enabled, high priority enabled, send/receive full documents from the server). The Managed Mail Replica settings will be locked on the replication page, but will be editable in the “Replication Settings” dialog. We will also prevent the disabling or deletion of the Managed Mail entry from the replication page.
To download Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 2 from Fix Central, click the link (direkt download links) next to your server or client platform.
Individual Fix IDs
|IBM i 5.4||DominoServer_852FP2_IBMi_5.4||lotus_domino852FP2_systemiv5.exe|
|IBM i 6.1 & 7.1||DominoServer_852FP2_IBMi_6.1_7.1||lotus_domino852FP2_systemiv6v7.exe|
Notes Basic Configuration
Notes Standard Configuration
Individual Fix IDs
|Linux (Debian Install)||Notes_852FP2_Standard_DebianInstall_Linux||lotus_notes852FP2_linuxUb.tar|
|Linux (RPM Install)||Notes_852FP2_Standard_RPMInstall_Linux||lotus_notes852FP2_linux.tar|
Domino Designer & Domino Administrator
Sametime Client 8.5.2 Download Windows 7
- If running Notes 8.5.2 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin (Basic edition) 8.5.2, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 2 Basic install.
Sametime Client 8.5.2 Download Windows 10
- If running Notes 8.5.2 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.2, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 2 Standard install.