8/10 (56 votes) - Download iMovie Mac Free. IMovie is the video editor par excellence that you should have on your Mac. You'll be able to create your own films as if they were movies and share them. A new dimension has been brought to the video editing field with iMovie for Mac. IMovie 10.2.1 - Edit personal videos and share them. Download the latest versions of the best Mac apps at safe and trusted MacUpdate.
To get the latest features and maintain the security, stability, compatibility, and performance of your Mac, it's important to keep your software up to date. Apple recommends that you always use the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
The latest version of iMovie, version 10.1.11 requires OS X 10.11.2 or later. Is there a better alternative? In general, other entry-level video editing tools don’t hold up to iMovie’s sleek and intuitive interface and its vast array of features. It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you're plugged into AC power and have a reliable internet connection. These installers from the App Store open automatically after you download them: macOS Catalina 10.15 can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks. Prior the launch of Mojave the most recent version of macOS was the macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra update. IMovie 10.1.10 works perfectly on macOS 10.14 Mojave and 10.13 High Sierra. Download iMovie for Mac 10.4 Mojave for completely free.
Learn how to upgrade to macOS Big Sur, the latest version of macOS.
If a macOS installer can't be used on your Mac, the installer will let you know. For example, it might say that your Mac doesn't have enough free storage space for the installation, or that the installer is too old to be opened on this version of macOS.
If you want to check compatibility before downloading the installer, learn about the minimum requirements for macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite. You can also check compatible operating systems on the product-ID page for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro.
Make a backup
Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you're plugged into AC power and have a reliable internet connection.
These installers from the App Store open automatically after you download them:
- macOS Catalina 10.15 can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
- macOS Mojave 10.14 can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion
Your web browser downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.
- macOS Sierra 10.12 can upgrade El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 can upgrade Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
- OS X Yosemite 10.10can upgrade Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
Follow the onscreen instructions in the installer. It might be easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
You might also be able to use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.
Download Imovie 10.1.6 Dmg
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
- See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
- Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
- Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
- Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
- Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
- Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Download Imovie 10.1.2
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
- Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
- Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
- Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
- Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
- Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
- Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
- Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
- Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
- Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
- Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
- Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
- Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
- Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins, and more
Share with friends and family
- Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
- Share directly to YouTube and Vimeo at up to 4K resolution
- Share any video frame as an image
Create App Previews for the App Store
- Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
- Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
- Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM.
Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
Download Imovie 10.1.6
- Add a hand drawn look to your movies with 5 new filters: Comic, Comic Mono, Comic Vintage, Comic Sepia and Ink
- Import iMovie for iOS projects with support for Comic, Comic Mono and Ink filters
- Improves overall stability